Yesterday (Monday) was our academic orientation. I'm really very amused. Apparently, the way things work here is that you chose classes to audit for the first week of school then register for the classes you want at the end of the week. The catch is that the timetables don't come out until three days before the first day of class. So the academic orientation yesterday was mostly to explain this process as well as introduce classroom manners for Indian classroom. So I guess I'll find out which classes I'm auditing on Friday and register for the ones I like in a week from Friday.
In the afternoon, we got our cell phones =). My number is 91-970-365-5276 (I think that's what you'll have to dial to call me). Exciting!
At night they took us out to a really high end Indian restaurant/hookah bar for our welcome dinner. The food was fantastic and so was the cake. After dinner we came out to monsoon-like rains, so I guess the monsoon is right around the corner!
More tonight/tomorrow
No comments:
Post a Comment