Not much more to add today, but I'm finding I have plenty of free time to blog every day so here it goes. It's still shopping week here, and today I only had my morning hindi class. We got our bikes today, so instead of a 30-45 minute walk from the international hostel to our classes, we only spend ~10-15 minutes to get there. I lounged around at the hostel most of the day, then around 3:00 decided to hit up the library and get some of my readings done (I should be averaging about a book a week for one of my classes). When I got there, I looked up the dewey decimal call number for 3-4 books, went to look for them, and, of course, they weren't there. As SIP students we're not allowed to check out the books, we can only make xerox copies of them (yeah, copies of an entire book? still trying to figure out how that works), but obviously if someone's misplaced the book on the shelf or has it checked out I'll have to wait.
Afterwards I went to a yoga class, which was nice and relaxing. I thought about getting certified to teach yoga, but I had never taken a yoga class before today so I decided that was a stretch.
Yet again, I caught a rickshaw ride home. I'm really starting to like how smoothly everything runs here. In Madison you either have to worry about parking your car (big pain) or calling a taxi ahead of time because they don't drive around on the streets 'on call', but here I can get from my home to the university (about 2 miles only) for Rps. 5, or I can get into Hyderabad (30 mins in rickshaw) for ~Rps. 40 (exchange rate Rps. 47 for $1).
Besides that, not much new news.
So, we won't need to worry about excessive costs for your school books, but we should expect an outrageous bill for Xerox copies???
ReplyDelete